Microsoft has spread out the Windows 10 fall creator updates all around the world. If you are not using the Windows 10 insider program latest updates, then it is the best choice to upgrade. There are many features added and modified in this update, for instance, mixed reality, 3D effects, faster broadcasting & sharing, enhance security & privacy, bug fixes and much more.
According to Windows 10 default behavior, you are supposed to get this update automatically. In case, you did not get then follow our methods to fix perfectly.
Best 5 Ways to Fix Windows 10 Updates
Check Your Settings
- Go to settings >> update & security >> check for updates. If it shows “Your pc is up to date” then restart & do the same again.
If you have already disabled windows 10 update through our recent post, then read the post again to enable windows 10 updates. What you need to do in undo these settings. Alternatively, you can follow next process to fix.
Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
- Navigate to settings >> update & security >> troubleshoot >> windows update (right side) >> Run the troubleshooter.
- Wait until it identifies the problem that preventing the updates. If that fixes your problem, you are lucky otherwise move to our next process.
Update Using Assistant
- You can receive update using Windows Update Assistant by Microsoft, download it & run the file “Windows10Upgrade.exe”.
- Wait until its check the latest update and click on the update now. Follow the next process; it will not take long if you have the good speed internet connection and system hardware as well.
Get Updates via Media Creation Tool
If you would like to install windows update on multiple computers or want to save for the future, Media Creation Tool provides the best method to get your job done.
- Head to Microsoft support site and get the Media Creation Tool.
- Run the file and accept terms & conditions, and choose your desired options.
- Select “ update this pc now” & hit next. Now, carefully select what you want to keep and wait until the process is done. Alternatively, you can choose “Create installation Media” to update offline.
Recheck Insider Preview Settings
If you have already enabled insider preview program or planning to turn it on, you need to check this setting to get quick updates.
- Navigate to settings >> update & security >> windows insider program. Click on get started and add your account.
- Choose “Just fixes, apps, and drivers” from the drop-down menu of “What kind of content would you like to receive?” and click on confirm next steps.
- Now click on “Restart now.”
On the other hand, if you like to have the whole updates of windows frequently, then check the settings of “Just fixes, apps, and drivers” to “Active development of windows.” There is another option get it fast or slow, and you can select it fast from the drop-down menu of “What pace do u want to get new builds?”. Please keep in mind, its risky and contains lots of bugs.
READ MORE: 20+ Best Free Apps for Windows 10 PC, 2017
Moreover, in case you want to stop insider program, just click on the “Stop Insider Preview builds” and choose “Keep giving me builds until the next Windows release.” That’s it.
So, which version of Windows 10 you are using? Check settings > system > about (windows specifications) and let us know.